Weetbix Chocolate Coconut Slice
Updated: Jan 7
Got leftover Weet-bix pieces that no-one wants to eat? Transform them into this easy Chocolate and Coconut Slice. This is also the perfect recipe to make with your children
3 Weet-bix biscuits
1 cup (85g) desiccated coconut
1/2 cup (120g) coconut sugar
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
Extra 1 tablespoon cocoa
2 tablespoons hot water
1 teasp vanilla
Method. 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly grease a 16 x 26cm baking pan and line with baking paper.
3. Break up Weet-bix biscuits.
4. Place into a mixing bowl with coconut and sugar.
5. Sift flour and cocoa over
6. Melt butter in a small saucepan over a low heat.
7. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix well.
8. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and press down to level.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked.
10. Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small bowl.
11. Add water and vanilla and stir well.
12. Ice slice while still hot. Cut into squares to serve.
Inspiration for this recipe and this great photo can be found on the Taste website.
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early Learning go to https://www.dragonflys.com.au/contact-us/
ot telephone us on 07 5471 6500