Vegan Banana Cup Cakes
Updated: Aug 22, 2020
At Dragonfly's Early Learning at Coolum Beach, we immerse the children in as many learning activities as time permits. One of these activities is cooking. They love to cook...they love to be involved in something....at times anything.. and they love to eat.
What better reason to love cooking!!!
Through cooking they learn how to follow instructions and how to take turns along with basic cooking skills. The children also discuss health and wellness as they chatter along between themselves during the process.
The best part of course is ....Licking the bowl!!!
Vegan Banana Cupcake Recipe below:
Mashing the bananas
Mixing the ingredients
Stirring the cakes
Laying out the papers in the pan
And best of all, Licking the bowl!!!!
Vegan Banana Cupcakes
1⁄2 cup ripe banana, mashed
1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
2⁄3 cup soy milk or 2/3 cup rice milk
1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line your pan with paper liners.
2. Place banana into a bowl and mash with a fork till no lumps remain
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl
4. Mix well.
5. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, soy or rice milk, vanilla and mashed banana.
6. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry
7. Don’t over mix or you’ll get tough cupcakes. Small lumps are fine.
8. Fill liners 2/3 full
9. Bake 20-22 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean
10. Serve dusted with icing sugar
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early Learning at Coolum Beach go to:
Or call us on 07 5471 6500 make a time to come and visit us and take a tour