Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bake
This recipe takes a big step in the direction of the 5 a day veggies we should be having!!! If you’re looking for a way to increase the protein you’re giving the kids at either breakfast or lunch, this is a perfect way. In fact with this many veggies, it also makes an awesome dinner for nights when you need something quick and easy.You can freeze in portions and defrost as needed. You can leave it in the fridge to defrost or if you need dinner in a hurry, you can quickly microwave it
Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bake Ingredients
500 grams sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
300gm white potato, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
8 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup cream
1 cup grated tasty cheese
2 tablesp parmesan cheese
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 tablesp chopped parsley
1/2 teasp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Prepare and grease a 20cm pan
3. Thinly slice the sweet potato and white potato
4. Steam, boil or even bake until just tender- you want it bendy- not smushy!
5. In the base of a 20cm square cake pan, place a thin layer of white potato followed by a thin layer of sweet potato
6. Layer up with 1/4 cup frozen peas and 1/4 cup frozen corn.
7. Top with a layer of zucchini.
9. Mix the eggs with the cream, 1/2 cup of tasty cheese and parmesan in a jug.
10. Add thyme , parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well
10. Pour over the veggies in the cake pan.
11. Top with 1/2 cup cheese and sprinkle on Parmesan
12. Bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set.
13. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
You can freeze in slices and defrost overnight in the fridge before putting in the lunchbox.
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early Learning, go to:
or call us on 07 5471 6500 to arrange a tour of our beautiful Centre
Thanks to kidgredients.com.au for the inspiration for this beautiful recipe and photos