Let's start 2022 as we mean to continue with a beautiful healthy meal of fresh pasta. I learned how to make this pasta in Italy at a cooking class in Cortona (of "Under The Tuscan Sun" fame) on a holiday in Tuscany
It is a family favourite and oh so easy! So economical!
Serve it with a tossed salad made from fresh ingredients and dressed with balsamic vinegar.
The secret to this recipe is in the sausages that you choose. You need a really good quality traditionally flavoured Italian sausage. I have tried the Italian sausages from many butchers and supermarkets on the Sunshine Coast and the Bli Bli Butchery's Italian sausages wins "hands down" at this stage.
Tuscan Sausage Pasta
1 finely diced onion
1 finely diced clove garlic
1 tablesp olive oil
4 large Italian sausages (500gms)
½ cup brandy or cognac
400gms crushed tomato (polpa de pomadoro)
½ cup cream (or 1/2 cup Philly cream cheese for a lower calorie "un-Italian" version)
Salt and pepper
500gms pasta (I prefer spaghetti or fettucini)
1. Cook onion and garlic in a pan with oil till soft
2. Remove skin from sausage, and mash into pan with a fork one at a time
3. Cook mashed sausage till completely broken up and browned
4. Add brandy to release the flavour cooked onto the bottom of the pan
5. Add tomato and simmer slowly for 10 mins
6. You may need to add a small amount of water if mixture becomes too dry
7. Add cream and heat through
8. Taste and adjust seasonings
9. Serve on suitable pasta
10. Shave parmesan on top and sprinkle with chopped parsley
11. Serve with a fresh tossed salad for a well-rounded meal.
To learn more about us, at Dragonfly's Early Learning at Coolum Beach, go to https://www.dragonflys.com.au/contact-us
Or give us a call on 07 5471 6500. We would love to hear from you
sunshinecoast #sunshinebeach #sunshinecoastkids #sunshine #childcare #education #sunshinecoastmumsandbubs #kindergarten #children #childcare #kidsonthecoast #newdads #sunnycoastmums #kidstuff #kidslife #perigianbeach #perigiansprings #earlylearning #earlyyears