This slice is very like a muffin. It contains lots of vegetables and is nice hot or cold for breakfast or lunch. I love it warm with my favourite chutney or relish and sour cream.
There is a bit of vegetable prep but very easy to make
500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
4 green onions, sliced
2 leeks sliced
2cups frozen corn
400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
1long red chilli, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn, plus extra leaves to serve
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
2 cups grated tasty cheese (500g)
1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
2. Grease a 5cm-deep, 25cm x 32cm roasting pan.
3. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
4. Combine pumpkin, zucchini, onion, chickpeas, chilli, garlic, basil, leeks, corn, and oregano in a large bowl.
5. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese and flour. Mix well to combine.
6. Whisk eggs, milk and oil in a bowl.
7. Add to vegetable mixture. Mix well to combine.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Pour mixture into prepared pan, spreading to level.
10. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
11. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden and mixture is firm to touch.
12. Stand for 15 minutes.
13. Serve warm or cold, sprinkled with extra basil.
14. Serve with sour cream and chutney
To learn more about us at Dragonfly's Early Learning at Coolum Beach, go to:
Or Call us on 07 5471 6500 to talk to us or to make a booking. We would love to hear from you
sunshinecoast #sunshinebeach #sunshinecoastkids #sunshine #childcare #education #sunshinecoastmumsandbubs #kindergarten #children #childcare #kidsonthecoast #newdads #sunnycoastmums #kidstuff #kidslife #perigianbeach #perigiansprings #earlylearning #earlyyears