Pear Creme Caramel
Updated: Jun 15
When evaluating a recipe that I am most likely to make, I look at a few things. It must be easy..simple to make and the ingredients must be easy to find and have the flavours that I enjoy. This elegant and easy pear creme caramel recipe bakes up in no time for an elegant, creamy, dreamy dessert.
This very simple dessert ticks all the boxes!
Ingredients 2 pears 3 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons soft butter 1/2 cup heavy cream (at least 40% fat) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
Preheat oven to 200C
Have all ingredients measured and prepared
Peel pears and cut them in half length-wise.
4. Scoop out the core and place in a buttered baking pan, cut side down.
5. Sprinkle with sugar and dot with butter
6. Mix cream and vanilla together. Stir well and set aside
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes...until caramelization starts at edges of the baking dish
8. Watch carefully as it turns quickly
9. Remove from heat and add cream and vanilla mix
10. Stir quickly to combine ingredients and stop the caramelization
11. Return to the oven and bake for 5 -10 minutes more.
12. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, cool for 15 minutes and serve warm.
13. Serve with ice cream and/or custard
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early Learning at Coolum Beach, please go to:
OR call us on 07 5471 6500 to arrange a walk through with your little one