Oven Baked Spring Rolls
Updated: Jun 15, 2020
This is a great recipe to feed healthy kids. It contains lots of fresh vegetables and unlike most spring rolls, it is baked as opposed to being fried. These spring rolls have lots of crunch which we all enjoy. To make these a little more substantial, you can add a little pork or chicken mince.
Oven Baked spring Rolls
2 tablesp oil plus 1 tablesp to brush
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cm knob ginger, finely chopped
3 shalots, finely chopped
1/4 cabbage, finely shredded and chopped
1 carrot, julienne
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
2 tablesp light soy sauce
2 teasp sugar
1/4 teasp salt
freshly ground pepper
1 tablesp cornflour
1 packet spring roll wrappers
1 large handful coriander finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
3. Place the wok over high heat.
4. Add oil to the wok with the garlic, ginger and spring onions, and stir for 30 seconds.
* (if adding pork or chicken mince, add it here)
5. Add the cabbage, carrot and celery, and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
6. Add the soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, oyster sauce and cornflour, cook for a further 2 minutes.
7. Transfer the mix to a large bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Place a spring roll wrapper on the bench and add a spoonful of filling diagonally across it.
9. Brush sides with water to help seal spring rolls
10. Fold corner closest to you over the filling, then fold in each side
11. Roll up firmly to enclose filling
12 Repeat this process till all filling is used
13. Place rolls on a prepared, oiled baking tray
14. leave gaps in between so that they can brown all over
15. brush each roll with a little oil
16. bake for 20 mins
17. Sprinkle with picked coriander leaves to serve
18. Serve with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Inspiration for this recipe and the photograph, has been taken from Medibank Healthy Kids
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early Learning, and to access other great recipes for kids go to: https://www.dragonflys.com.au/news/categories/recipes