Making Sweet Potato Brownies
Dragonfly's Early Learning at Coolum Beach places a heavy emphasis on the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Programme. This programme gets the children outdoors and into the gardens. Digging in the soil, watering...They love it!!
This month, the children harvested their very considerable crop of sweet potatoes. Their sweet potatoes were grown very successfully from a piece of sweet potato tuber that had buds. These are small sprouts called potato "eyes" and it is from these "eyes" that new plants can be grown.
Peeling the skins off. This is a great "self help tool"
Ready to cook
Wowwww!!! Cooked brownie!
Sweet Potato Brownies
1 cup mashed sweet potato
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 mashed banana
1/4 cup cacao
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 coconut sugar
1/2 cup 80% dark choc chips
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Prepare a 20cm x 20cm square pan by lining with baking paper and greasing
3. Mash sweet potato and banana
4. Beat in coconut sugar
5. Add coconut oil, cacao and vanilla
6. Sift baking powder through flour
7. Fold in flour and baking powder
8. Pour into prepared pan
9. Bake for 25 - 30mins
10. Allow to cool before cutting into squares