Lime and Coconut Slice
Updated: Jan 7
Lemon/Lime Coconut Slice
430g (2 cups) caster sugar
150gms SR flour (1 cup)
75gms plain flour (1/2 cup)
130gms (1 1/2cups) desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon or lime rind
100mls (1/3cup +1 20ml tablesp) fresh lemon or lime juice
Icing sugar, to dust.
1. Preheat oven to 160º C
2. Line a 20cm square slice pan with baking paper and a light spray of cooking spray
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat
4. Remove from heat and stir in castor sugar, mix well.
5. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well and stir until mixture is thick and glossy
6. Sift the flour over the egg mixture and stir until well combined
7. Stir in coconut, lemon/lime rind and lemon/lime juice.
8. Pour mixture into prepared pan
9. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean
10. Cake bounces back slightly to a gentle touch.
11. Set aside in the pan to cool completely
12. Cut into pieces and dust with icing sugar to serve.
13. Store in airtight container for 3 days
This is also beautiful with a passionfruit icing made with 60mls fresh passionfruit and 2 cups icing sugar.
The skewer will not come out completely clean....this slice separates out into sponge and lime butter layers so your skewer will have a small trace of lime butter on it