Ham and Potato Balls
Updated: Feb 13, 2019
Doesn't everyone love potato? Try these Potato Balls for a delicious snack
Ingredients 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 5cm pieces 1 cup (165g) chopped leg ham 1 egg, lightly beaten 4 green onions, thinly sliced 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped 1 1/2 teaspoons hot English mustard 1 cup dried breadcrumbs (preferably panko crumbs) olive oil cooking spray 100g packet mixed salad greens 1/2 cup tomato sauce
Method 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water.
2. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until tender.
4. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
5. Roughly mash (keep mash chunky). 6. Add ham, egg, green onions, parsley and mustard to potatoes.
7. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
8. Using 1/4 cup mixture at a time, shape potato mixture into twelve 2cm-thick oval patties. 9. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
10. Lightly coat patties in breadcrumbs. 11. Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil.
12. Heat over medium heat until hot.
13. Cook potato cakes, in batches, for 5 minutes each side or until golden and warmed through.
14. Serve with salad greens and tomato sauce