Developing little "Foodies"
Children just love to cook! You can't put a value on cooking experiences at a very early age.
To develop a love of food and cooking in young children is priceless
Even more that cooking, they love to eat....particularly if it is sweet
At our Childcare Centre, Dragonfly's Early Learning at Coolum Beach, we try to cook almost every week. Miss paige who is our Kindergarten Educator, is a real "foodie" and loves to cook with her Kinder Group.
These little ones gain such an advantage, from cooking so often.
To list just a few....
Increases language development
Introduces, scientific and maths concepts
Teaches life Skills
Promotes healthy eating
Enhances fine motor skills
Increases focus and attention
Find the recipe for Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes below and try it with your little ones at home!
Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes
1 3/4 (220gms) cups plain flour
1 cup (220gms) coconut sugar
1 teasp baking powder
½ teasp salt
1 cup (240mls) soy milk (or other non dairy milk)
2 teasp (10mls) vanilla extract
1/3 cup (80mls) vegetable oil
1 tablesp (15mls) white vinegar
Strawberry Vanilla Frosting
½ cup (112gms) vegan butter
3 cups (375gms) pure icing sugar
2 teasp vanilla extract
2 teasp strawberry flavouring
Fresh strawberries to garnish
1. Line a cupcake tray with papers
2. Preheat oven to 180C
3. Sift flour into a bowl and add sugar, baking powder and salt
4. Add soy milk, vanilla, oil and white vinegar
5. Mix with a whisk to remove any lumps
6. Pour batter into a jug
7. Pour evenly into 12 cupcake papers
8. Place into oven and bake for 25mins. Check with a toothpick at 20mins
9. Cool thoroughly before frosting
10. Prepare frosting by combining all ingredients
11. Beat well with an electric mixer commencing at slow speed till smooth and fluffy
12. Decorate with fresh strawberries
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early Learning and what we have to offer, please go to:
OR call us on 07 5471 6500 to arrange a Centre Tour or to visit our Centre