Updated: Aug 3
This recipe can be used as a base for almost any curry. Today we used sausages but you can choose chicken, pork, or even hard-boiled eggs. Children love it with the ready-made tiny meatballs available from the meat section at Coles and Woolworths. This is a very mild curry and suitable for the whole family. It is a great Sunday night dinner served with microwaved crispy popadums and leftovers can be used for lunches during the week. My family loves it!
700gms beef chipolatas
250gms onion quartered then thinly sliced
20 gms garlic cloves finely chopped
10mls light olive oil
500gms x 1.5cm diced potato
200gms peeled and sliced carrot (use thin carrots)
20gms curry powder or (40gms Korma paste)
500mls water plus 5gms chicken stock powder
140gms fruit chutney
350gms tomatoes finely chopped
80gms baby spinach leaves washed
Popadoms to serve
Herbed yogurt to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Place sausages on a tray in the oven
3. Cook to 70C (approx. 15mins)
4. Place onion and garlic and a little oil in a saucepan.
5. Cook till translucent
6. Add potatoes and carrots
7. Cook for 10mins till soft
8. Add curry paste to vegetable mix and cook for 1 minute
9. Blend in stock and cook for 10 mins till potatoes and carrots are cooked through
10. Add chutney simmer for 10mins
11. (Note you may need to add ½ cup water here)
12. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 10mins
14. Fold in washed spinach
15. Turn heat off and leave to stand
16. Slice cooked chipolatas on an angle and fold through the curry.
17. Serve with rice and crispy popadoms
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early learning at Coolum Beach, please go to:
OR call us on 07 5471 6500 to arrange a tour or to talk with us. We would love to hear from you.