It's Getting to Look a Lot Like Christmas !
Updated: Dec 13, 2020
This sweet is called "crack" for a reason other than the fact that is is crisp and breaks or cuts up very easily. It seems like a very unassuming little recipe with so few ingredients and taking no more than 8 or 10 mins to make, but.....it is highly addictive!!!!
!6 pcs Premium salted Crispbreads or any salted cracker
1 cup, tightly packed brown sugar
250g salted butter, chopped
2 x 180g blocks dark chocolate, melted
100g white chocolate, melted
50g green and red M&M’s, Mini Silver cachous, Christmas Sticks, Peppermint Crisp to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180/160 fan forced.
2. Line a 20 x 30cm slice pan first with alfoil then with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang. Spray with cooking spray
3. Place crispbread over the base of the prepared pan in an even layer.
4. Combine the sugar and butter in a small saucepan.
5. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until butter melts and the mixture is smooth.
6. Bring to the boil.
7. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
8. Remove from heat and pour the sugar mixture evenly over the crispbread.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes or until sugar mixture is bubbling.
10. Melt dark chocolate in 20sec increments in microwave till melted
11.Pour the dark chocolate over the crispbread and use a palette knife to smooth.
12.Set aside until set.
13.Drizzle over white chocolate and sprinkle with M&M’s and/or silver cachous.
14.Set aside until set completely.
15.Break/cut into pieces to serve.
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early Learning go to:
or Call us on 07 5471 6500