Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
My family loved this self-saucing pudding and it is requested often
Choc Self Saucing Pudding
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup cocoa, sifted
1/2 cup milk
50g butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160° fan-forced.
2. Lightly grease an 8cm-deep, 8 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
3. Place flour, caster sugar and half the cocoa in a large bowl.
4. Whisk milk, butter, egg and vanilla together in a jug.
5. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Transfer to prepared dish.
6. Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa in a bowl.
7. Sprinkle cocoa mixture over batter.
8. Pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to evenly cover pudding batter
9. Place dish on a baking tray.
10. Bake for 40 to 45 mins or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in the centre.
11. Remove from oven.
12. Stand for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with cream, custard or icecream
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early Learning at Coolum Beach, please go to https://www.dragonflys.com.au/contact-us.
OR, give us a call on 07 5471 6500 to have a chat or to arrange a walkthrough.