Cheese and Bacon Pinwheels
Updated: Jun 15, 2020
I made these over the weekend as with all the "comings and goings" and a little bit more freedom from isolation, not knowing who would call in or who would want food and when, thought that these might fit the bill!!
They certainly did! Who doesn't love bacon with a bit of cheese!!
These are really delicious hot straight out of the oven, at room temperature or cold
CHEESE AND BACON PINWHEELS
2 sheets of puff pastry, about 25 cms square.
200 gms of finely diced bacon
125 gms of soft cream cheese
75 grams of grated cheddar cheese
1 onion, finely diced
Pepper to season
1 egg, beaten (for egg wash on the pastry)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
3. Spread cream cheese all over the surface of the two puff pastry sheets.
4. Sprinkle evenly all over with bacon, onion and cheese.
5. Season...no need for salt, the bacon is salty enough....just pepper.
6. Roll up one end of each sheet carefully and firmly until you've made 2 long rolls.
7. Using a sharp knife, slice up each roll into about 9 segments of about 2.5 cms (1 inch)
8. Place them carefully on the baking trays.
9. Brush over them with egg wash.
10. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden.
11. Delicious hot or cold.
To learn more about Dragonfly's Early Learning, please go to
OR call us on 07 5471 6500 to arrange a walkthrough.