These beans can be served with an egg and toast for breakfast, in a wrap for lunch, or as an evening meal with rice or naan bread
This is also a great choice for "Meatless May" if you leave the bacon and crisp prosciutto garnish out.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 x 400g (14oz) can cannellini beans
1 x 400gm tin baked beans
1 x 400gm tin kidney beans or any other preferred beans
2 garlic cloves, diced
2 large red onions, diced
1 cup diced bacon
250g (1 punnet) cherry tomatoes
1 x 400gm tin crushed Italian tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped oregano
250gm cherry tomatoes
Freshly picked oregano or basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC
2. Place the olive oil, bacon, garlic, and onion in a saucepan and cook till the onions are transparent.
3. While cooking onion and bacon, place cherry tomatoes in a baking dish and cook till tomatoes begin to split and caramelise.
4. Add a can of crushed tomatoes and simmer slowly for 5 minutes
5. Add baked beans
6. Drain other beans
7. Add to mixture with herbs
8. Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes till the right consistency has been reached
9. Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat and cook the prosciutto until lightly crisp
10. Remove and place on paper towels.
11. Serve the baked beans sprinkled with baked cherry tomatoes, fresh oregano leaves and crisp prosciutto
12. Serves 6
To learn more about us, at Dragonfly's Early Learning at Coolum Beach, go to https://www.dragonflys.com.au/contact-us
Or give us a call on 07 5471 6500. We would love to hear from you
sunshinecoast #sunshinebeach #sunshinecoastkids #sunshine #childcare #education #sunshinecoastmumsandbubs #kindergarten #children #childcare #kidsonthecoast #newdads #sunnycoastmums #kidstuff #kidslife #peregianbeach #peregiansprings #earlylearning #earlyyears